[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

Sue,

I did a little research. Apparently the Benson book is
not based on a Fleming book but on the movie.  Here's
what I found by googling:

1. (from first site): Novelization by Raymond Benson,
based on a screenplay by Bruce Feirstein. Published in
November 1997.

*       US paperback [right]

2. (from second site, about the film)

The novel approach: The film features no Fleming
material. It was novelised by Raymond Benson, who
worked from an early version of the script and so
features substantial extra material including
background to Carver and scenes in which Wai Lin
conducts her investigations before we meet her in the
actual film.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com