[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quantity deleting

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:12:01 -0500

Jill,

Bookshare expects the Stripper to remove them, so I don't understand why you
think a validator must have the permission of a submitter to do it.  The
only reason why the Stripper would fail to do it is if they are messed up in
the first place.

I asked Marissa last year if there was any reason why we couldn't just
remove headers by hand instead of normalizing them in order to make it
possible for the Stripper to remove them, and she said that removing them by
hand works the best and to go right ahead and remove them manually.  So, if
you still want to look at it from a permission standpoint, in a sense we
have already gotten permission from a staff member, so why ask a volunteer?

Gerald