[bksvol-discuss] Puzzlement

Today I checked out a book that had been on the checkout list for a number of
months.  Three or so people had checked out this book and released it.
When I looked at the book I saw it had a number of styles.  Per an email from
Misha (excuse spelling) that I had kept I removed styles.  Then I changed
section breaks to page breaks.
Then I found that the book had very few page numbers and that those numbers did
not line up at all with the number of pages between the numbered pages.  There
was no way to determine where page breaks really should occur and where to make
the appropriate number of page numbers to align the material on the appropriate
pages.
Finally, I rejected the book.
Now, I really would prefer not to reject a book, but sometimes it is really
necessary to do so and part of our volunteer responsibility to do so.
I can't really understand why I am the first person who checked out the book
who was willing to reject it.  I'm not hard-hearted, but there was no way to
get the book in the necessary shape to add it to the collection.

Feeling like an ogre,
Lori C.