[bksvol-discuss] Publisher quality

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:50:58 -0500

As we seem to have the new quality rating of "Publisher quality" why not add one more, being "NIMAC?" Since all the Publisher quality books aren't necessarily NIMAC and the membership requirements for downloading are getting more extensive, it would assist in identifying books we can't download, and provide the programmers with a flag they can use, to create a toggle for displaying these books. Bookshare has also extended their download status of late to include at a minimum the following:

Membership not required for download (Public domain)
Membership required for download (United States License)
Membership required for download (United States and Canada license)
Membership required for download (Worldwide Distribution)

Now there may be others as well, but these were the ones which came to mind.
Aside from the first, the public domain books, how about a brief explanation of what determines which category a book fits into?

Thanks,

Dave