[bksvol-discuss] Re: Publisher Book?

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 12:04:01 -0400

To make a quality report just go to the metadata page of the book in question. Near the bottom of the page is a link to make a quality report. Click that and you will be taken to a form. However, I am not sure that it is appropriate for reporting the lack of page breaks for publisher quality books. There are now a good deal more publisher quality books in the collection than from volunteers and outsourcers put together and as far as I know all of them lack page breaks. Bookshare already knows about that. Reporting it would not be telling them anything they did not already know and I am not sure that it will be possible to fix all of them. If it is then I would think that they would be in the process of doing it right now and the fix would apply to all publisher quality books and I would expect that it would be a long and slow process.

On 3/17/2012 11:14 AM, Regina Alvarado wrote:
Cindy said to make out a quality report and page numbers and such will be put in. We are talking about PQ books, correct? It truly is not an issue for me since I use a BrailleNote and it holds my place, but it could be for the partially-sighted or dyslexic. Where do you find a quality report. I would be glad to fill one out.
Reggie

    *From:* Regina Alvarado <regina.alvarado6@xxxxxxxxx>