[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proposing the Creation of a Validation Starter Kit

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:43:26 -0400

Hi Cindy,

I think you'll probably get as many yays as nays. People learn to do things in different ways. I, for example, started validating in the last couple of months. I didn't download the manual until after I'd validated a couple of books. I have been reading bookshare books for several years, and for me, I just operated on the assumption that a reader would want as clear a copy as possible, and that Bookshare would want as much info as possible so they could ask permission for the book to be copied. So, I just went ahead in my sort of bumbling way, but it seems to have worked.

If a packet existed, I might have downloaded it and possibly not read it all, but read parts of it.

However, I'm one person. Others might feel comfortable reading such a packet before they validated anything. It would be nice, however, to have the reference materials in one place maybe.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring