[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofreading Software

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:28:38 -0700

Does anyone know what "rackin' threes" means? It is probably police jargon if that helps any. The book I am proofing has it. Part way through the book, many words that begin with the letter r have the space before them and the r removed. So I thought it was probably one of these errors, but wasn't sure. To see if it was a real phrase (and what it might mean), I put it into google with quotes around it. The single item returned (and I don't know if I've ever gotten only a single item returned from google before) was the line from the book on books.google.com

So, I know the phrase is in the book as I thought, but I still haven't a clue what it means.

Misha