[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofreading Frustration

  • From: Andromache <andromakhe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 19:38:45 -1000

The only things I've found Jarte doesn't do are em dashes and section breaks. With the newest version, you can search for tab characters, carriage returns, and the spellcheck works. Sadly, I haven't figured out how to hunt for page breaks, so while those are inserted, they can't be found easily. But the limitations don't phase me too much because I read every book I do word for word anyway, so if I can't find something, I'll find it eventually.

Roger, I'll look up Edit Sharp. Hadn't heard of that one before.

On 5/9/2010 5:44 PM, Lynn I wrote:
Hi Jamie!
Yes, Jart is a word processing program. *smile*
I found that the free version doesn't do much of what I need when it comes to proofreading so didn't install it on my Windows 7 laptop.
Blessings.
Lynnsky