[bksvol-discuss] Product manuals: go for it!

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:30:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi gang,

I asked the Collection Development department about product manuals, and they
suggested that we contact the manufacturers and see if they could give us their
manuals in digital format. I thought this was a great idea, the only problem
being that some manuals are so old, that they are probably not in digital
format. In that case, the only way to get the manuals into the collection is
our tried-and-true method of scanning and proofing. So please feel free to scan
and proof manuals, making sure before you scan them, that each manual is
copyrighted. Without the copyright, they are not going in. Other than that, go
for it!

I have no idea when our publisher liaison will be contacting manufacturers so
please don't wait for manuals from them. Getting books from publishers takes
many months, and I expect that manufacturers will be the same.

Carrie