[bksvol-discuss] Re: Poseidon's Gold

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 21:49:48 -0700

I am worried about those who need the credits when I take a long time on a nonfiction book, but I think Ann says it very well--we're volunteers, we're trying to do a good job, and oh shoot, sometimes I really want to finish one book over another.

Misha

On 5/3/2012 5:00 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi there,

<smiling> Well, I dunnow about other folks, but this here individual works part-time, belongs to two choirs, has social obligations and has to do dumb things like clean house, cook meals for one, feed the demanding master of the house, pay bills and generally live, so that the current book I'm working on is up to page 175 of four hundred. It ain't that we're holding onto stuff deliberately to frustrate folks, it's that we're volunteers. That means we work on stuff when we will to do so. Sometimes, that isn't exactly when we'd like to. That's just the way life is. Now, other folks may hang onto things because they forget they have them, get sick, have family obligations, etc., etc., etc. So, I don't think whomever has Poseiden's Gold is procrastinating deliberately. Well, I dunnow about that one, I belong to procrastinators anonymous and I think I'm current with my dues; have to check that out tomorrow. Why don't you write to the person who has it, see what's afoot? My guess is that your book is buried certain fathoms in the deep and may need to be recalled. <smiling>

BTW, please, please, please do not encourage jiffy proofing! Jiffy Proofing is not what is best for any book. I don't care who's scanned it or what condition they left it in, it's still never a good idea to jiffy proof anything at all!

Ann P.