[bksvol-discuss] Re: Polar exploration books

  • From: "Louise" <lougou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:10:05 -0600

I can hardly wait to start reading these books.  However, I should probably
read books about the North and South Pole during the heat and humidity of
the summer rather than during the winter here in Wisconsin!  We had 30 below
zero a couple of nights last week, but not quite as cold now and a real heat
wave by the weekend, maybe 30 degrees above zero!

Do you have any books about living and working at the scientific station at
the South Pole?  That would be very interesting!