[bksvol-discuss] Re: Please welcome John Glass, Bookshare.org's new Technical Support Manager

Mickey,

If your friend wants to improve a book that is already
in the collection, Gustavo or one of the
administrators will put it on the download list for
her, once she's a registered volunteer.

As far as seeing "how it's done," I don't quite
understand that. I's just proofreading, if she's
thinking of validating--not editing, because we can't
change anything significant to make improvements like
grammar--something I had to forcibly restrain myself
from doing in Plum Bun--grin. Just reading the book
and making corrections as she goes along. Or if she's
going to scan, checking to be sure all the pages are
there, running a spell-check, and getting rid of junk
characters before submitting.

If one of the changes John will make will be that we
sighted volunteers can give our credits to others,
then she could give you whatever credits she earns.
That would be great. I don't know how many I've
accumulated, but I'd love to give them to people who
are close to being able to renew but don't have quite
enough.

Cindy

http://www.benetech.org/join_us/position_postings.shtml#bcsm