[bksvol-discuss] Planning to scan

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 22:04:07 -0400

have not checked the collection for all of these but... I think they are o.k. smile let me know if you know different.

Tales from the teachers' lounge : what I learned in school the second time around--one man's irreverent look at being a teacher Wilder, Robert.

     Flushed with pride : the story of Thomas Crapper  Reyburn, Wallace.

The Darwin awards next evolution : chlorinating the gene pool Northcutt, Wendy.

     Growing up Amish  Ammon, Richard.

     Red-tails in love : a wildlife drama in Central Park  Winn, Marie.

The purpose driven church : growth without compromising your message & mission Warren, Richard, 1954-

You might be a redneck if-- this is the biggest book you've ever read Foxworthy, Jeff.

And I also just purchased and will be receiving soon.

Right Whales (Worldlife Library)
Birds in Love: the Secret Courting & Mating Rituals of Extraordinary Birds
Wild Horses: a Spirit Unbroken
Outhouses
Knitting Through It: Inspiring Stories for Times of Trouble (Inspiring Stories for Troubled Times)

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward rules. To apply a rule to the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where it fits and in cases where it does not fit, is pedantry... To apply a rule with natural ease, with judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever letting the words of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the opportunities of the situation, is mastery. -George Polya, professor of mathematics (1887-1985)