[bksvol-discuss] Pigs Eat Wolves

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:05:00 -0500

Hi All,

If someone can get
"Pigs Eat Wolves; Going into partnership with your dark side"
by
Charles Bates
ISBN 0-936663-04-9
there are a few pages missing, but aside from that, it is a good clean scan.
If not, it's headed towards the trash pile.
I'd have to say that I'm ambivalent about it, as it is a short book, so the missing pages are important, and it really isn't where my interest lie. I do think however, that it may be of interest to other Bookshare members, so I'll include some info below to give an idea of the subject matter in an attempt to spur someone's interest.

Dave

?Charles Bates lights a fire under an old warning tale for little children, challenging our comfortable perceptions. He shows that the sweet pigs, their well-meaning mother, and the cunning wolf­as well as the objects and settings of the story­ contain a complex, psychologically true account of a process we desperately need to understand. Issues of initiation, maturation, and the assimilation of evil addressed in this story crop up on every curve of our planet. Here is a quick, graspable, and illuminating tool for handling the presence of darkness we fear.?
Nor Hall, Ph.D.
Author, The Moon and the Virgin, The Broodmales

?I was stunned the first time I heard Charles? rendering of the fairy tale. The words still inform my teaching of leadership. I?m convinced that storytelling of this sort is necessary to understand and face our fears as we seek courage to know and act authentically.?

Robert Terry, Ph.D.
Director, Reflective Leadership Program Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs

?Pigs Eat Wolves is an intriguing display of the major issue in psychological and spiritual development­the interplay between what is conventionally labeled as good and evil. Bates illustrates the connection between one?s thinking or consciousness and action in the path toward self-mastery. This book is a must for those who seek more discernment as leaders or agents of change. It is a great ?think piece? challenging the reader to go beyond a surface understanding of human nature, differences, and the process of change.?
Darya Funches, Ph.D.
Chairwoman & CEO, the REAP Gallery Unlimited Corp.
Chairwoman of the Board, NTL Institute for Applied Behavioral Studies