[bksvol-discuss] Re: Picture descriptions and captions

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 00:35:40 -0400

I guess that's what I was asking- whether they are required. I'm scanning. I may or not figure out there is a picture. Now that you mention that, though. I do have some garled text I guess I'll ask my niece if there is indeed a picure because no amount of rescanning has gotten rid of it.

Denise
At 10:51 PM 7/25/2009, you wrote:
Hi Denise.

I'm not sure I understand your question.
Are you scanning or proofing?

If you are scanning you will probably know it because pictures produce garbled text.

If you are proofing you'll know it for the same reason.

If you are asking whether image descriptions are required, the answer is know.

Hope this helps sort of.

Bob

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."