[bksvol-discuss] Re: Pesky hyphens

  • From: "groups Warford" <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:49:27 -0500

Hi Bob,
When validating in Word, you want to look for what Word calls an "optional
hyphen".  This means that if a word wraps across a line, the optional hyphen
will appear at the end of the line.  To search for this:
1) Press ctrl/H to go to the find and replace box.
2) In the "find" box enter carat dash "^-".
Once you find it you can replace with whatever you want.

In order to create this optional hyphen yourself, position the cursor where
you want the hyphen to be.  Then type <CTRL+->, control dash.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know.  Maybe we can get together in the
room.

I have a Word document with the different types of dashes, how to create
those dashes and how to find them.  I will be glad to send that to anyone
who is interested.

Hope this helps.
Cindy 4