[bksvol-discuss] Re: Percentaage accuracy? family validations

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 05:11:15 -0400

Dear Nancy,

I was talking about the accuracy percent assigned to books by the Bookshare tools, the number you see on the second page of the form when you upload a validation. I have just found that they don't always reflect the book's accuracy for the reasons you named, dialect, etc.

As for your husband becoming a volunteer so he can validate your scans, You betcha he can! And he's so welcome. Off the top of my head I can think of 5 couples who team up to scan and validate books, though they sometimes go off in their own directions and work with other volunteers as well.

A couple of days ago, Cast a Blue Shadow, an Ohio Amish Mystery was added to the collection. Mayrie Renee scanned and I validated. I hope to validate the other books in this short series set in Holmes county Ohio, about an hour and a half drive from where I live. A very close Friend owns a farm in the middle of Amish country there. The book mentions the airport outside Wooster Ohio which is owned by the father of one of my friends from my college days at Ohio State University.

Your book collection sounds unique and will be a gold mine of new reading material when it's added to the Bookshare collection. Tell your husband we want him to sign up and start validating pronto!

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "NANCY M HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>