[bksvol-discuss] Re: Part 1, Chapter 1 and Point Size

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 00:51:55 -0600

Hi Misha!

"Twink" didn't have a table of contents.

If I ever proofread a book with as many devisions as the one you did on the Vietnam war interviews, could I go as high as 20 point so that the text is kept at 12 point instead of dropping it down to 10 point, or is 18 point the largest point size font that can be used?

Debby

At 08:17 AM 2/9/2010, Mike wrote
If both part 1 and chapter 1 are in the table of contents I use the 4 point differences. If there are section headings within the chapter or story that are not in the table of contents, I give them a two point difference. Though the book I just completed proofing of Vietnam War interviews had three levels of headings in the table of contents but I only used 4 points for the first two levels and 2 points for the lowest level so it was 18, 14, 12, and 10 point for the main text. The book is Patriots: The Vietnam War Remembered from All Directions by Christian Appy (my title may not be exactly right, but search on Patriots should bring it up) if anyone wants to check how it turned out.

Misha

Lori wrote:
This is also what I do.

Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Lynn I <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, February 8, 2010, 8:17 PM
Hi Debby!

That's the way I do it. *smile* Others may do it
differently, though. I
seldom use a 14 point font. I always have 4 points of
separation (12-16).

--

Blessings.

Lynnsky

"To deny the need for and the teaching of Braille is to
limit choice. It
inhibits one's freedom. You can never choose to use what
you have not
learned."
(A Lynn I original quotation.)

Date: 02/08/10
01:35:00

line. To get a list of available commands, put the

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4850 (20100209) __________

http://www.eset.com

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>