[bksvol-discuss] Re: Part 1, Chapter 1 and Point Size

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 00:46:27 -0600

Hi Melissa!

When I proofread CookWise, I had each recipe title at 14 point and each chapter set at 16 point, and if there had been what your example had been, I would have used 18 point for the largest division, whatever that would have been.

Debby

At 07:30 AM 2/9/2010, Melissa Smith wrote
Ann,
If chapter headings are in 14, how can you mark sections within chapters to navigate to them? For instance, if you are working with a recipe book, and need to be able to navigate to each recipe. A recipe book might have a part on main dishes, within that, there might be chapters for meat, poultry, seafood, etc, then you have the individual recipes within each chapter. Using 16 point for the part, and 14 for the chapter, you don't have anything left for the individual recipes.

Melissa

Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Actually, Part I is supposed to be in header style 1 and Chapter 1 is in header style 2. That means the parts are the biggest sections and the chapters are the next section down. It is important to mark these headers properly so that the DAISY converter can do its work. Header style 2 should be in fourteen point not sixteen. In Word, it is very easy to accomplish this by selecting the line and then adding the header style with alt-ctrl-1 through alt-ctrl-6.

Ann P.

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>