[bksvol-discuss] Re: Part 1, Chapter 1 and Point Size

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 08:38:08 -0600

Carrie, Thanks so much for the specific guidelines these are very helpful. I'm glad to see what I've been doing is right per what the engineers say.

Thanks,

Melissa

Carrie Karnos wrote:
Engineering told me that as far as marking the text of a book for navigation:
1. they ignore any text under 14 points for markup
2. they can handle a maximum of 4 levels of markup
3. the difference between levels must be at least 2 points

So the minimum levels would be 14, 16, 18 and 20. If you want to use a difference of 4 instead, that's fine.

Please make the title of the book the largest point. If there are parts, they should be lower, and then the chapters inside the parts lower. If you want to mark sections inside chapters, they should be at the lowest level.

Seems pretty straightforward to me!

HTH, Carrie