[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbers?

  • From: "Pavi Mehta" <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 14:05:17 -0700

Hi All,

This thread has been great in that it's pointed out places where our
guidelines for page numbering could use some more detail.

Am including here a draft of some insertions that it would be great to
have feedback on before finalizing them for the manual.

Thanks,

Pavi

If only every other page is numbered in a book, should I number the left
out pages in the scanned file?

Yes. In such cases please insert page numbers where they are missing.

Guidelines for inserting page numbers in a book that has none:

When inserting page numbers in a book that has none please start page
number one with the main content of the book. Roman numerals can be used
for all pages preceding chapter 1 and for any end matter.

Bookshare Guidelines for dealing with Blank Pages:

Please retain all blank pages when scanning or proofreading a book for
Bookshare. To avoid confusion, all blank pages should be indicated in
the following manner: Open square bracket, type the phrase Blank Page,
close square bracket. Example: [BLANK PAGE]

Should Blank Pages be numbered?

Typically blank pages in the original book are not numbered, but are
accounted for in pagination.  In order to make the approval process more
efficient, while proofreading books for Bookshare, please insert page
numbers on all blank pages.

Date: 06/02/09 06:47:00