[bksvol-discuss] Page breaks.

  • From: MissWings <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 03:43:04 -0600

Hi all.

I sent a message about this a couple of days ago to the list, but I don't know if it ever got there. It showed up on my end but I haven't seen any responses to it so I thought I'd write again just in case it didn't make it. I recently validated a couple of books that have been placed back on the step one page by Gestavo for not having page breaks in them. One of them was The Triumph of Katie Byrne by Barbara Taylor Bradford, and the other one was Grace Notes by Charlottevale Allen. I redownloaded them and opened them in Word, since I used another word processing program to validate them instead of using Word. Grace Notes does have page breaks according to Word, or at least it does in the first few pages anyway. The other book has section breaks instead of page breaks. My question is, is there a way to find and replace section breaks with page breaks through an entire document, or do I have to do them by hand, and if so, where do they go? Also, I'm confused on why the other book was sent back if Word says it has page breaks. I haven't gone through the whole thing yet, and for some reason the files I downloaded seem to be the original files before I worked on them and fixed any errors I found. I'm not sure why this is. Whenever I download a book U unzip it and delete the zip file, correct the file that was inside it, save any changes, and then upload the .rtf file directly from where I've worked on it. I save everything to my desktop so I just type in the path and file name from there instead of moving it to someplace like My Documents. If anyone has any info on these issues I'd appreciate it. Thanks all.

MissWings