  From: Guido Corona
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 7:40 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Stripping Update

  NO,  its the other way around.  If you insist keeping the page number,  there
should be no blank line between the page number and the main text of the book.
  But considering Bookshare will reimplement its header/page-number stripping
strategy,  I do invite you to continue placing page numbers on isolated lines
followed by a blank line if at the top,  or preceeded by a blank line if at the
bottom.  When the new methodology is in place end users will likely be able to
decide by themselves whether to keep strip page numbers.

  G.

  G.

  Guido Dante Corona
  IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
  Research Division,
  Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
  Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

        "Deborah Kent Stein" <dkent5817@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        04/07/2005 11:51 PM Please respond to
              bksvol-discuss

       To <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
              cc
              Subject [bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Stripping Update

  I've read several times on this list that page numbers will be protected from
stripping if buffered by a linefeed on each side.  Is this true?

  Debbie