[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Stripping Update

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:18:55 -0500

Children,  I should not have even posted publicly that I was going to make
a feature suggestion for K.  Please do not discuss any feature that may or
may not be currently in development in any software. This is a public
forum and beta discussions are not public.  They are typically governed by
Non Disclosure Agreements.

Let's all be good.

Thanks,

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/07/2005 10:08 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Stripping Update

Thank you, those suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Kurzweil is already working on the number one scanning issue, which is
binding shadow removal.  Now if they can create a tool to get rid of
problem number two, header/page number problems, I'll be one thrilled
person.

I talked to Stephen Baum at Closing the Gap last year, and suggested the
addition of more advanced search features.  I would like it to allow you
to turn on an option to allow for regular expression searches.  Who knows
if that will happen, but it sounded like searching for page breaks would
be possible, and that would help with some junk removal procedures.  It
just isn't likely that we could search for blank pages by looking for two
page breaks in a row, because of the way Kurzweil works by loading one
page at a time, but That doesn't seem that important to me anyway. :-)

In my dreams I would be able to make the macro for cleaning up books that
I am trying to make in Word for Kurzweil 10 instead. <BG>  I expect that
procedure to stay strictly in my dreams, though.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity