[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Stripping Update

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:08:25 -0500

Thank you, those suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Kurzweil is already working on the number one scanning issue, which is binding
shadow removal.  Now if they can create a tool to get rid of problem number
two, header/page number problems, I'll be one thrilled person.

I talked to Stephen Baum at Closing the Gap last year, and suggested the
addition of more advanced search features.  I would like it to allow you to
turn on an option to allow for regular expression searches.  Who knows if that
will happen, but it sounded like searching for page breaks would be possible,
and that would help with some junk removal procedures.  It just isn't likely
that we could search for blank pages by looking for two page breaks in a row,
because of the way Kurzweil works by loading one page at a time, but That
doesn't seem that important to me anyway. :-)

In my dreams I would be able to make the macro for cleaning up books that I am
trying to make in Word for Kurzweil 10 instead. <BG>  I expect that procedure
to stay strictly in my dreams, though.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity