[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Numbers and Headers on the Same Line

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:52:39 -0700

If I understand things correctly, you should either strip them out yourself, or make them consistent so that the automated stripper can do it. I believe that if you put the title or author header on a separate line from the page number, it will not be stripped. I think the stripper looks for page numbers and consistent, repetetive text on pages.

I'm sure one of the big guns will correct anything wrong here, but if I understand things correctly, if it sees a page number on a line by itself, then it leaves the page alone, so the title and author information will not be removed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>