[bksvol-discuss] Opticbook 3600 set-up question

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:21:22 -0400

To those of you who have the Opticbook 3600, I have some questions about
getting it set up.

I have installed the software and it shows up in my list of scanners.
However, when I scan with it, I get only blank pages.  I'm using my usual
Fine-Reader scan software with the Opticbook 3600 selected as the scanner to
use.  It makes the sounds of scanning, but nothing results from it.  My
friend tells me that the light that typically goes across the bed of the
scanner is only very dimly lit on each edge.  Is there something else I need
to set to make it scan properly?  Or did I get a damaged scanner?

I'd appreciate any feedback and feel free to e-mail me off list at
donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks.

Donna