[bksvol-discuss] Re: Openbook Settings

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:49:10 -0400

Please re-scan You Can Feel ... with your revised settings. I do not want endofline breaks in the middle of sentences and getting them out if going to take a lot of time for me. Alternatively, I can release the book and let someone else validate it. Needed a lot of rank spelling correcting which is why I suggest re-scanning.

E.
At 12:34 PM 6/12/2006, you wrote:

Gerald, thanks so much for your details about your Openbook settings. I did some experimenting and found that pages from the book I'm currently scanning came out much nicer after turning off both despeckle and language analyst. I don't know why exactly, but the despeckle setting was the culprit in creating run on words and joined characters in some words. I can see why you keep OCR corrections turned off. For me, it saves a lot of time because I scan the same genres of books with only 2 exceptions in 14 years, so I have a very targeted OCR correction list that is tailored to the mistakes my scanner typically makes. I find that because my scanning focus is so consistent, the OCR corrections feature saves me a lot of time with cleaning up my scans. If I ever start scanning a wider range of books, I will have to re-evaluate this issue. Of course, my Openbook might go into shock from the change and start some sort of mutiny in league with my Audible software. (grin)

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com