[bksvol-discuss] Re: Openbook Settings

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:39:14 -0700

You are right! Sorry about that. It was quite a while ago, and I have been busy, so I had forgotten. I turned it off because it was decolumnizing something at the beginning of CUSP that shouldn't have been, and I just kept it off thinking it would make no difference. But apparently it made a big difference, putting in a hard return at the end of each line of print. I had what I thought was a good rationale for why it would put hard returns at the end of each line of print when I thought it was doing it when column detection was ON, but since I was wrong and it actually does it when column detection is OFF, I have no idea why it puts them in there.

Sorry, Monica, just for get what I said earlier. Gerald is correct. You should keep it on unless you have a need to turn it off, such as in a table of contents. I must have gotten my ons and offs mixed up. I think I may have said the wrong thing to Lissi as well regarding why some of her book's indexes and glossaries were coming out scrambled.

Now I'm ruined! <grin> My reputation for accuracy and wisdom is shattered. Whatever shall I do! I could just say that I am only human, but I am not always sure about that. <smile>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>