[bksvol-discuss] Re: OpenBook's Settings, WAS: Re: List of Word AutoCorrect Changes

  • From: "Kathy Novak" <trebor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:02:59 -0700

Kathy Novak
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandi Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 5:50 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: OpenBook's Settings, WAS: Re: List of Word AutoCorrect Changes

Hi Lori and Sister Dolores,

I have used two-page scanning for a very long time. As Sister Dolores says, the reason for the blank page with all the content on one page is skew. Sometimes it's not much skew. I listen to the top few lines of text, and if it doesn't make sense, or if a blank page is noted, I erase it and try again. Usually I can make it work on the second try, which over time is faster than doing each page. The best scans are those one gets from taking the book apart, but most of the books I scan need to be passed on, and my taking them apart would not be appreciated. For best results in two-page mode, I turn the book sideways and press down on the spine until the pages are both flat against the glass, with the top aligned against the front of the scanner. So far, that's working--well, mostly!

Sandi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dolores Dean" <srdolores@xxxxxxxxxxxx>