[bksvol-discuss] On Requesting Books

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:04:12 -0700

Volunteers,

To date your feedback has been positive on the quality of service that has been
maintained since Cindy handed off managing the Books Being scanned and Wish
Lists to the Bookshare office. Please feel free to contact me directly or with
a post to the list if that changes .

Meanwhile I want to remind everyone that instructions on where to go with your
information on books requests is here:

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Wish+List

I have also reprinted it below

Scott Rains

If you’re requesting a book specifically needed for school, or for a class that
results in a degree or
         certificate, go to the front of the line by sending an email to:
schoolbookrequest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      *  If you'd like to have a book added to the collection that is not for a
class or course that leads to a
         degree or certificate, please send your request to:
wishlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you also post it the Volunteer Discussion List someone there may pick it up
even sooner but simply posting to the Discussion List no longer results in
adding the book to the Wish List.

If you select a book to work on from the Wish List please announce that
immediately to the Volunteer Discussion List if you are on it and to:
booksbeingscanned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx