[bksvol-discuss] Old FR Discussion

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 22:42:48 -0400

Hi all.

A few months ago when we were discussing FR8 and it's virtues and
challenges, someone was talking about a problem with it seeing pages as a
text box/column/table and looking for solutions to this problem.  It was
shortly after his that I had computer problems and a lot of work to get done
for my job, so I just let all this slide for a while.  Last weekend I
revived FR7 and started scanning again, and was surprised to find myself
with the same problem of pages appearing as text boxes/columns/tables.  It
was every other page.

Anyway, I know that I wasn't having this problem previously, so I started
investigating its source.  Thanks to whoever saved my lengthy post about
settings for FR and posted it to the tips web site, I discovered that there
was one setting that was off.  There is a drop-down box where you can choose
format layout to retain.  Retain full page layout is the default and it is
the one that creates the problem.  The selection directly under this is
Retain font and font size, and with this selected, you retain the general
page layout without the table problem.

I'd be interested to know if this fixes the problem for FR8 as I never
bought the upgrade.

Peace and Hope,

Donna