[bksvol-discuss] Re: Old Books

  • From: "Mickey" <micka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:08:03 -0500

I have shelves and shelves of books. First I see whether they're on Bookshare, then I see if I can get a good scan from them. If I can, Bookshare gets them. If not, I get rid of them. My mom got FOUR, (Count them, four), Harlequins a month. Now, whether I like Harlequins or not, and I don't, they were important to Mom, and she left them to me. Someone else should enjoy them, if I can get a good scan.

I have books that people bought from the Library book sales, and books from when I joined book clubs, because of my greed for the printed word. I have a paperback Ed McBain from 1970 that no one seems to have. t scans beautifully so far. There's a William F. Buckley fiction that's next on my list.

Now, all I need to do is find the time. It's easy to find books to scan when you have a collection like mine. <grin>

Mickey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ilene Sirocca" <ilenesia@xxxxxxxxxxx>