[bksvol-discuss] Re: Okay, nearly there...

I am curious about something. If you are capable of manipulating a book to
scan it -- and I have found that it takes quite a bit of manipulation -- how
does the restrictions on your ability to use your hands prevent you from
reading a book enough to qualify you for a Bookshare subscription? Note that I
am in no way suggesting that it doesn't; I just don't understand and so I
am curious.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Okay, nearly there...
Date:
11/16/2009 9:35:23 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:
vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Funny you mention that.  Even after donating $30 to another volunteer,
afterI submit my current proof I will have my $75 in my account.  How cool
isthat?
Even if I have to come up with the paperwork fee it will be a great
deal!Thanks!Valerie> -----Original Message-----> From:
bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On> Behalf Of Cindy> Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 6:19 PM> To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Okay, nearly
there...> >
I'm delighted to hear that you'll be able to be a bookshare member--and
atthe rate of> books you scan and proof it won't cost you anything other than
the
initialfee--or can that> be paid for by volunteer work, also.> Cindy> >
Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) andbooks-being-scanned
list
available> at sites below> > > > Wish List:
https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Bookshare+Wish+List> > Books Being
Scanned List:>
https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List>
> > --- On Mon, 11/16/09, Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> >
> From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Subject:
[bksvol-discuss]
Okay, nearly there...> > To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Date: Monday,
November 16, 2009, 12:23 PM> > Thought y'all would like to know that> > I
talked
to Nichole's Occupational> > Therapist this afternoon and she was more than
willing to> > do a quick hand> > exam to certify my hand problems to
qualify
me for> > BookShare.  She did not> > know about my multiple surgeries or
grasp problems, so even> > without MD> > verification of my arthritis, my
obvious
joint abnormality> > and grip deficits> > as well as scars and inability to
bend my dominant wrist> > she was glad to> > sign my forms.> >> > After all
these years of minimizing my hand issues, for> > once, I am excited> > to
know it will help since I can read more books> > again.  I will probably> >
still
scan and proof more than checkout, but I will have> > choices.  Thanks> >
everyone for encouraging me to ask around.> >> > Take care!> > Valerie> >> >
Currently scanning My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White> > House, Open
Your> > heart (Sierra #7)> >> > Currently proofing:> > Ten Days To
Self-Esteem>
> Betsy-Tacy> > Cherry Ames, Chief Nurse> >> >> >> >  To unsubscribe from
this list send a blank Email to> > bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
put
the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject> > line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the> > word 'help' by itself in the subject line.> >>

bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in
the
subject
line.  To get a listof available> commands, put the word 'help' by itself
in the subject line.To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email
tobksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of