[bksvol-discuss] Okay, nearly there...

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:23:22 -0600

Thought y'all would like to know that I talked to Nichole's Occupational
Therapist this afternoon and she was more than willing to do a quick hand
exam to certify my hand problems to qualify me for BookShare.  She did not
know about my multiple surgeries or grasp problems, so even without MD
verification of my arthritis, my obvious joint abnormality and grip deficits
as well as scars and inability to bend my dominant wrist she was glad to
sign my forms.

After all these years of minimizing my hand issues, for once, I am excited
to know it will help since I can read more books again.  I will probably
still scan and proof more than checkout, but I will have choices.  Thanks
everyone for encouraging me to ask around.

Take care!
Valerie

Currently scanning My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White House, Open Your
heart (Sierra #7)

Currently proofing:
Ten Days To Self-Esteem
Betsy-Tacy