[bksvol-discuss] Re: Okay, I'm stumped.

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 23:08:22 -0500

Three things come to mind.

1. Did you create this .rtf with kurzweil.  If so.
do the following.  Open the file in a word processor can be word pad. hit a
space, then delete the space, then save the document.

or

2. Did you type in the file name.  if so did you check the spelling have the
path exact, as if the file can't be found it won't have any length.

To solve this.  In jaws when you find the box that says enter file name tab
again and you get to a silent spot, hit space, which will active the browse
box, find your file that way.

or

3. You have punctuation in the file.

or 4. You really do have file with nothing in it.

I hope it is one of the first three though.

I suspect number two though as the culprit.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com