[bksvol-discuss] Okay, I messed up...

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 01:31:04 -0500

Thought I understood a formatting tool, in the ribbon (don't get me started
on that!) for a different book I am working on and need to keep a single
reference of keystroke codes for find and replace in one place.  I do have a
"before" saved copy, but want to learn from my mistake.  So that I have them
all in one note, I am interested in:

Line break
Blank line
Paragraph break
Section break
Page break
Indent/tab

In short, I thought I could highlight a selection in my work and hit the
style I had modified and it would only change that text, but it changed the
entire document and I had done many more contextual repairs before knowing
it had changed all my title formatting and indents.  Ugh!  This is most
definitely a learning process...

Thanks!
Valerie