[bksvol-discuss] Re: Office 2010

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:01:46 -0700

Hi Sue,

Word automatically inserts em dashes when you type two hyphens, unless you
change some autoformatting.  But do the happy dance.  Bookshare's tools now
(I've checked this thoroughly) can make those em dashes into two hyphens for
us so that the braille readers won't be given improper braille.  So, don't
worry when you see em dashes.  They are no longer a problem that we need to
solve!  If they are surrounded by spaces, please eliminate the spaces so
that braille code will be followed accurately.

And if I'm wrong about the hot keys not working, please tell us here.  I use
Word 2003, so only know what I've been told, and that is that all of the hot
keys still work in Word 2007 and 2010.

Happy proofreading!

Mayrie

  _____