[bksvol-discuss] Off topic remarkRE: Re: Pet Peeve - it's a dot and the word and both!

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 02:38:14 -0700

Judy, I like your sense of humor. It seems to me when one is dealing with a
supposedly user-friendly device/machine purportedly invented to save us
time, headaches, ulcers, etc. one must have a sense of humor to put up with
what our trusty friend/foe (hate the coined word "frenemy" so don't propose
to use it) gets up to or throws at us. I applaud those fiddlers and tinkers
who glory in experimentation and don't mind monkeying about. As for me, I
don't wish to get myself in situations I can not get out of. I hate jumping
through hoops and prefer to know where I am. I am not amused if the
frustration level gets too high. We non-lovers of extraneous stuff we don't
want to deal with must use humor to cope otherwise we might just go nuts or
do something totally counterproductive. So here's a toast to humor and to
truly accessible and user-friendly sites, applications, etc. which are fun
to use, easy on the brain, and a relief that we have one less hoop to jump
through. Regards, Kim.