[bksvol-discuss] Re: Of screenreaders and other talking tech for validation

  • From: "Gisela Vazquez" <gvazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:56:30 -0500

I have been thinking of buying one of the new notetakers  so I can read
anywhere...  Is Braillenote the favored one??

Hi Sue,

I wouldn't say favored exactly. It comes down to what you want in a machine keeping in mind that they are notetakers. For me, I know I have had my unit for over 2 years and I have rarely had problems. I also like their people. Theyre nice. The unit got me through grad school with flying colors. I like the setup. It doesn't try to be more than it is. The additions are well thought out with much input from the users. We may not have the most current hardware/software but what we have is solid and user friendly. The desplay is also great, if you go for that. Also if you get it now, you will get the upcomming 6.1 witch updates the oppperating system as well as other stuff for free. Once you get the unit, their Software update agreements are fairly reasonable. I do all of my reading unless it's talkingbooks there. I'm even listenning mp3 files too. Their media player could use work but it has great soune quality.

Gisela