[bksvol-discuss] OT/Hi, Shelley

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:52:58 -0500

Hi, Shelley.  Hi, All.

Not to worry, Shelley, I'm fine, although I certainly do appreciate the
concern. Picture me at my laptop, on the kitchen table, with the TV on in the living room tuned to the political channels, two Shih-Tzu dogs sleeping on various pieces of furniture in said living room, and I'm validating pretty much all day. My email box is also open all day, so I see all the emails, I read them all, I LOL along with you when appropriate. I pluck most books off of Step 1 or after I see a "Just Submitted" message that interests me, and I work on "Sighted Help Needed" books as often as I can. And I'm happy as
a pig in poop.

On another subject, to make a very, very long story ridiculously short, in the late 1980s my mother sent me, in the middle of a work day, into Queens, NY, to check on her sister, my dear Aunt Rose, who hadn't been heard from since
she left work sick on Monday. This was Wednesday.  You can guess the
rest, which was shocking and sad. Rose was 49 years old.

So, if you don't hear from me for days, and I don't answer email for days, feel free to please call my husband Kevin at work, (631) 588-9500, and ask what's going on. I would appreciate it. Our home phone is (631 750-3205,
but he never answers the phone.

Happily Lurking,
Marilyn

[Sometimes it's just not worth