[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: washing computer in dishwasher

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:26:51 -0700 (PDT)

There were instructions posted here quite a while ago. I followed them and
Think I remember them. I googled, and there were varying instructions,
including some posts that said not to do it--but the only case in which it
shorted out was when it was reconnected before it was completely  dry.

I want to wash because I think some of my problems with redoing the
being-scanned list have been  because the keysare sticking and I'm not pressing
them hard enough. I'm compensating now by pressing harder and holding the
delete key down longer.

Cindy

Are you sure you can wash your keyboard in the dishwasher? Why do you want to
do this? They make keyboards now that can be actually dipped in a bucket of
antibacterial cleaner every day. Some hospitals have them for patient rooms and
other rooms where cleanliness is highly important (surgical suites, OR, etc)
but they are very expensive, a couple hundred dollars each. Informal testing
showed that the amount of bacteria on the expensive keyboards dipped daily were
the same as keyboards that were just wiped down with antimicrobial wipes every
shift.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Bare Bones by Kathy Reichs