[bksvol-discuss] OT spillage

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 09:44:11 -0500

I know I like cranberry juice, but I really don't drink it as much as my disasters with it would imply. I haven't killed a scanner, which is really good since mine couldn't be replaced and I am very attached to it, but I did cause a NLS tape player to stop working by pouring cranberry juice over it. Those things are tough and a glass of water didn't phase it, but I suspect cranberry juice is even worse than wine because it is so sticky. I thought I was going to die of embarrassment when I told the librarian about the accident.

One of my cousins dumped another glass of cranberry juice I was drinking over my first printer. It was a stupid old printer, so I wasn't so upset about that, but the mess was very unpleasant to clean up.

I also dumped a can of mountain dew next to my laptop when the modem's phone cord got tangled around it. Fortunately I grabbed the laptop so fast that liquid didn't reach it yet. Another good excuse for wireless networks? ;-)

I still drink stuff around my scanner and computer, but it is hard to spill in them. The one thing I am extremely careful around is my braille note. I practically guard that thing with my life. LOL

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Instructor
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity