[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: one author?

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:01:45 -0400

Ok, this was a tough one to come up with for my answer.
Now having said that, I'll prevaricate a bit and tell you why I made my selection. I was surprised when it was pointed out all the J. D. Robb Death by ... books were already in the collection, I would say pleasantly surprised, but I was actually hoping there were more out there. It seems the Brother Cadfael books by Ellis Peters, the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan, the different series by W.E.B. Griffin, and the Richard Sharpe books by Bernard Cornwell, as well as his other series, are all pretty much complete. While the Honor Harrington books by David Weber could use some serious attention, they are at least all there. Now, this finally brings me to my choice for the coveted and prestigious title, of the author, and series most deserving of attention.
My vote goes to Patrick O'brian, and his Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin books.

Dave

At 03:18 PM 4/12/2008, you wrote:
Hi gang,

There are a few authors whose complete works are in the Bookshare collection but most of the authors are missing some of their books. If you could pick ONE author to finish up, to add all their missing books to the collection, which one would you choose? The ideal would be to have all books of all authors, but we know that's never going to happen. I don't want lists of authors from a single person, everyone gets just ONE author to select. Difficult question, isn't it? I'll keep a tally and we'll see who the top contenders are. I expect we'll have a huge spread of authors, but wouldn't it be interesting to find out who is the one that more people picked than any other?

Just an idle whimsy, Carrie

E-mail message checked by Internet Security (5.5.0.212)
Database version: 5.09640
http://www.pctools.com/en/internet-security/