[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT ms word

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:26:54 -0500

Thank you Michael!  You understood exactly what was happening and have told
me what to do in an understandable way.   That file is driving me insane and
I will have no problem deleting it and fixing all of my settings over again.

Regards,

Sue S.

From:           Michael Papp, Rehabilitation Technology
Spec <mpapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        Re: OT ms word
Date sent:      Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:00:18 -0500

Did this happen after a computer crash where Microsoft Word was
open? If so, the normal.dot file was probablly corrupted. I have fixed
similar problems in the past with Office 2000 and 2003 by closing
Word, running a search for normal.dot and deleting that (or those of
there is more than one) file. You can also rename normal.dot to
something like normal.old if you do not feel comfortable deleting
files. When you restart MS Word, it will automatically recreate the
normal.dot file. The downside to this is you will lose any
customization you may have added to the normal.dot file, such as
1 inch margins instead of 1.25 inch, different fonts and sizes you
may have made default in the standard styles, etc.
I assume this fix will also work with older versions of Word, but I
would rename the normal file just to be safe.

Michael Papp
ADRS Homewood