[bksvol-discuss] OT: heavy books

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 00:36:37 -0800 (PST)

Amber, I sympathize. I volunteer in the library
"wanding," i.e. scanning the libary bar codes on the
books to see who has requested them so we can put them
on the hold shelves. Books have become so large and
heavy, they are hard to lift, e.g., the Harry Potter
books as well as others. I keep wondering if authors
and publishers feel that because books have become so
expensive they have to make them bigger. I'm amazed
that Becky could do the constitutional law book. I
hope that someone strong will scan the book for you.

Cindy