[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: children and learning

Yes, I've been wanting to learn it for a long time. I
had a card wth braille letters on it that some
organization was passing out, and I tried to get used
to the feel, but I wasn't patient enough. Sign
language is someting else I wanted to learn, as did my
daughter. I bought several books but again wasn't
patient or persistent enough. She started taking it as
a language in college, but they didn't have a regular
class--she had to go to the computer and learn it from
that and then take a test with a teacher. I'm afraid
she dropped the class.

Two more reasons that I should have thought of being a
teacher of the disabled--maybe I would have had to
learn braille and sign language. The time may yet
come, and if it does I hope I do have the patience. If
I do become blind with age, all of you will be an
inspiration to me to be cheerful and to realize that I
can do what I do now. I wouldn't be able to do the
library work, but, following Louise's example, I would
still be able to work in the bookstore and, of course,
following your examples I would be able to continue
volunteering for bookshare.