[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: canes

  • From: "George Marshall" <geom4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:43:37 -0500

Hi:
Cindy I participated in a program 15 years ago or so in which a foundation provided me an electronic cane (on loan) which sounds somewhat like what you describe. I had a couple of times in which it had to be returned for repair. The foundation ran out of funds to have the canes repaired and that ended the program. Yes the cane was very expensive, if they are still in that price range I don't think many blind people would intrested.
HTH,
George R. Marshall
geom4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx