[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Yes, a book

  • From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 08:59:33 -0500

Hi guys,

Here is one of the funniest experiences I had along these lines.

One quarter in college I had a class in a building I had never been to before. Normally my wife would walk with me before a quarter started to help me make sure I knew where I was going. I had walked past the new building before so we assumed I could find my way.

However, the first day of class I decided to take a differnt route than I normally did.

I walked a long time along a sidewalk through campus. After a while I decided I was not where I should be and so I stopped to listen for familiar sounds. I heard none.

After standing there for 3 or 4 minutes I heard someone coming along the sidewalk in my direction. I spoke to them and they ignored me and walk right on by.

I waited a while again and heard another person coming. This time when I spoke to them the guy stopped near me and said "Yes?".

I asked him if he could tell me where the building was I was looking for.

The guy said "Yes, it is over there." He pointed to it and walked away.

I could have fallen on the ground. It was all I could do not to burst out laughing.

Yes, I did eventually find the building and made it to class on time. Good thing I left with lots of extra time.

Smiles.