[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Women's Fashion

  • From: "Erin Baker Edgar" <sprite156@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 09:42:26 -0500

Hi Lora/Cindy,
According to my mother anyway, I have terrible fashion sense as well. I suppose that, when I was younger, she dressed me rather conservatively and, because I'm blind, I tended not to observe/think about these things. So of course, now that I'm thirty and have been dressing this way for so long, conservative is what feels most comfortable. (Since we are on the subject of jeans, this would mean jeans that rest high on the waist rather than the hips and do not drag on the floor.) <smile>

Regarding blending in with coworkers, I simply ask what type of clothing is appropriate and then go with that. (Business casual + nice blazer+nice blouse+cotton twill slacks; Suit + pants-suit--if I have to wear full-scale panty-hose, I get runs the size of Texas or Alaska, depending on my luck of the day.) <g>

Erin